If someone is unresponsive to Donut intros three times in a row, we'll automatically mark them as a ghost 👻and stop including them in future intros for that channel. This prevents teammates from mistakenly being introduced with someone who does not wish to participate and creates a better experience for your team.
When is someone considered unresponsive?
Someone is considered unresponsive if they have not taken one of the following actions in their last three intros:
- Marked a meeting as "met"
- Participated in a conversation
- Interacted with any buttons or options in their intro DMs
Does Donut notify people that they have been excluded from Intros?
Yes. Anyone Donut marks as a ghost will be notified twice about their auto-removal from a Intro channel:
1. The first notification is sent immediately after they are marked as a ghost. The message will include a button to remain active in the channel.
2. The second notification is sent immediately after they are first excluded from an intro round. The message includes a button to remain active in Donut intros.
Can I see who on my team has been excluded?
Yes. If you're on Donut's paid plans you can head to the Reporting view, and click into your relevant Intro channel. Here, you can select a Intro round to view which people were not included for that round and the reason why. If the dashboard shows someone was "ghostbusted," this indicates they were excluded due to being unresponsive in the past to intros.
How does someone resume intros once they've been excluded?
Your teammates can re-activate their Donut intros and stop being excluded by:
- Selecting the "I'm not a ghost" option whenever they receive ghost notifications
- Selecting the option to "resume intros" from Donut's App Home in Slack