Helping teams and companies connect better is one of our main goals at Donut, so we wanted to show how you can share the love with your interns this summer.
Setting up Donut to introduce interns to each other is an easy way to maximize intern engagement and add more value to your summer intern program.
How can Donut help?
- Facilitate networking — amongst interns and other employees at the company
- Increase intern engagement in the program and with the company — failing to integrate interns into your company culture is a missed opportunity!
- Promote your company — show off its great culture, and aid recruiting efforts
"When all is said and done, a candidate chooses an employer based on the people as much as the company itself. Thus, to sell the candidate on the company it is important to sell him on the people of the company. To do this, establishing a personal connection is critical."
—Huffington Post, 10 Techniques for Recruiting the Best Employees
How to set it up
Intern Networking — help interns meet other interns in their program
- Create a new Slack channel e.g. #intern-coffee-buddies, #intern-buddies, #intern-connect, or #intern-networking.
- Add Donut to your Slack team at donut.ai and add @donut to your new channel. Set it to pair members weekly to meet and get coffee.
- Invite all interns to join the channel when they start — when you first install Donut we'll send you an example message you can use to announce it to your interns!
Intern Introductions — help interns meet existing employees at the company
- If you already have Donut set up at your company, you can just invite interns to join your existing Donut channel to get connected with others while they're there.
- Create a new Slack channel e.g. #donut-buddies, #intern-intros, #intern-connect
- Add Donut to your Slack team at donut.ai and add @donut to your new channel. Set it to pair members biweekly to meet and get coffee or lunch.
- Invite both existing employees and interns to join the channel — when you first install Donut we'll send you an example message you can use to announce it to everyone!