What are To-Dos?
To-Dos serve as your personal record of all tasks assigned to you as part of your team's onboarding templates. To-Dos help each individual involved in onboarding to take ownership of tasks that have been assigned to them. Everyone can view and complete their own tasks directly from the dashboard (read on for more details and a sample announcement for your team).
Example New Hire To-Dos:
Who has access to To-Dos?
Any user can login and see their To-Dos. Each user's tab will only display tasks that have been assigned to them. This means that some users may not have any assigned or completed tasks in their list. To-dos will be particularly helpful for:
- New Hires — view outstanding & completed tasks throughout onboarding
- Managers — stay on top critical tasks like scheduling 1:1s, check-ins, and more
- IT Support — ensure that equipment & systems are setup for each new hire
- Onboarding Admins and any other roles with tasks along the way
How do I find my To-Dos?
- Login to app.donut.ai with your Slack credentials
- To-Dos can be found under Onboarding > Overview in the left-hand nav
What are the different statuses of To-Dos?
Tasks in your To-Dos will show up as one of three statuses:
- Open - a task that was sent, but never completed
- Done - a task that you marked as complete (either in Slack, or from your To-Dos)
- Dismissed - a task that you dismissed by clicking the "dismiss" button in Slack
You can easily filter your To-Dos by status to narrow down what is displayed.
How do I complete a To-Do item?
Next to each open task in your To-Dos, you'll see a purple "Complete" button. Hitting this button will mark it as done for reporting purposes and stop any future reminders you were scheduled to receive regarding the open task.
Can I filter by New Hire?
Sometimes team members (such as Managers, Admins, etc.) have tasks to complete for many different New Hires. To-Dos can easily be filtered by New Hire. Simply select the New Hire(s) you'd like to view from the drop down:
How can I make sure my team knows about their To-Dos?
Great question! You can post an announcement in an appropriate channel in Slack to let your team know. We've created a sample announcement which links directly to To-Dos in the dashboard:
"Hi team! 👋
Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that starting today, you can log in to Donut's dashboard to view any open or complete onboarding tasks you've been assigned! ✔
Head over here and log in with your Slack credentials to view your To-Dos: https://app.donut.ai/onboarding/action_items"
Or, you can also make use of our brand new reminder messages that we've created in Donut's Building Blocks. For more information about how to use Building Blocks in your onboarding templates, click here.
Have additional questions about using To-Dos? Just click the purple Intercom button in the bottom right corner and we'll be with you shortly.