1:1s are a rich source of information, feedback, and growth opportunities for both team leads and teammates in the department. It's worth it to make them happen, even when projects ramp up and schedules get full.
💡 The Asana team prioritizes 1:1s because of their impact—and have some great tips for making the most of your meeting time.
How to Set Up Team Lead 1:1s
- If you don't already have a team-specific channel on your workspace, create one. (Ex: #marketing, #engineering, #customer-success) Keep in mind that everyone in the channel will be eligible for a 1:1, so be sure to look at the member list.
- Invite Donut to join the channel, or head to the Pairing section of your dashboard and hit "add channel."
- Set the frequency as 1 week — that means that once a week, the team lead will receive an introduction for a 1:1. If you'd like to send introductions more often, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm your date of first pairing. You can start making them happen as soon as tomorrow!
- Under Advanced, choose the Lottery pairing type. Choose the group size as 2, and choose the team lead as the fixed participant. You can leave the second fixed participant field blank.
- Customize your intro message to make it clear this is a 1:1 with the team lead. You can offer suggested conversation topics, or link out to documentation.
- Hit Create once you're done adjusting the settings.
❓Questions? Hit the purple chat button on the right hand side of the screen, and we'll be right with you.