How do I use Zoom for video chats in my Donut meetings?
Donut’s Zoom integration allows you to start a Zoom meeting directly from within Slack, plus it will automatically include Zoom info in any Donut calendar events (with Google Calendar). Here’s how to sync your Zoom account and start using the integration for your virtual Donut meetings:
Once your team has the Zoom integration turned on, Donut will include a note in your intro message with a button to get started.
How to Sync your Zoom Account with Donut
1. Click the "Get Started" button to link your Zoom account with Donut.
2. This will open a modal to link your Zoom account. Click the button that says "Link my Zoom account" to go to Zoom.
3. Once you are signed into Zoom, you'll need to authorize Donut to access your Zoom account. Click "Authorize" to continue.
4. Donut will show a message confirming that you have successfully authorized Zoom.
How to start a Zoom meeting with Donut
Once you have completed authorization, you'll be able to start a Zoom meeting from directly within Slack. If you also use Donut's Google Calendar integration to schedule your meetings, any Google Calendar events you create with Donut will include Zoom meetings.
Donut will remind you when it's time to meet so that you can simply click "Start Zoom meeting."
While you're active in the call, your Intro DM in Slack will display who is on the call.
How to Revoke Donut's Access to your Zoom Account
- Login to your Zoom account
- Navigate to your installed apps in Zoom's App Marketplace
- Find the Donut app and click "uninstall"
Note: this only uninstalls Donut from your personal Zoom account. This does not impact your teammates
Have questions? Contact us
Questions about how to use Zoom with Donut? Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click the purple Intercom button at the bottom right to chat with us anytime and we'll get back to you soon.