If someone is unresponsive to Donut intros three times in a row, we'll automatically mark them as a ghost 👻and stop including them in future intros for that channel. This prevents teammates from mistakenly being introduced with someone who does not wish to participate and creates a better experience for your team.
When is someone considered unresponsive?
Someone is considered unresponsive if they have not taken one of the following actions in their last three intros:
- Marked a meeting as "met"
- Participated in a conversation
- Interacted with any buttons or options in their intro DMs
Does Donut notify users that they have been excluded from Intros?
Yes. Users will be notified twice about their auto-removal from a pairing channel:
1. The first notification is sent immediately after they are marked as a ghost. The message will include a button to remain active in the channel.
2. The second notification is sent immediately after the user is first excluded from a round. The message includes a button to remain active in Donut intros.
Can I see who on my team has been excluded?
Yes. If you're on Donut's paid plans you can head to the Reporting view, and click into your relevant pairing channel. Here, you can select a pairing round to view which users were not included for that round and the reason why. If a user's reason is "Ghostbusted" then this indicates they were excluded due to being unresponsive in the past to pairing intros.
How does someone resume intros once they've been excluded?
Users can re-activate their Donut intros and stop being excluded by:
- Selecting the "I'm not a ghost" option whenever they receive ghost notifications
- Selecting the option to "resume intros" from Donut's App Home in Slack