When someone creates a Donut channel, they automatically become the owner of that channel. In this article, we'll cover what it means to be a Donut channel owner, what permissions owners have, and how to give permissions to edit settings or transfer channel ownership to someone else.
What can channel owners do?
The owner of a channel can do the following:
- Edit group sizes, dates and times of intros, and what type of intros and messages will be used
- Turn on or off integrations, such as calendar, Zoom, selfie contest, and more
- Give others permissions to edit all of the above
- Transfer ownership of the channel to someone else
How to see who owns the channel
- Log into the Donut app homepage https://app.donut.ai/
- When you look at the channel, you can see who owns it right on the information card as pictured here:
How does someone transfer channel ownership?
To give other teammates edit access for your channel or transfer channel ownership to someone else, log into the Donut app homepage https://app.donut.ai/
- From here, find the channel you want to edit and click the settings gear icon on the lower right hand corner.
2. From here, you will click the "Access" tab and will be brought to the page where you can change the owner of a channel.
3. You will be brought to a page where you can transfer channel ownership, edit permissions for the channel, and include guest users.
4. To transfer ownership, hit the 'Transfer Ownership' button and select the new owner from your Slack team!
5. To edit permissions for the channel, you can search Slack users for who you would like to have channel permissions.
*Please note* The "Transfer Ownership" action can not be undone. If you do need to transfer ownership back, the new channel owner will have to do it.
Have other questions about channel ownership or need more help? Just click the Intercom button in the bottom right corner of the screen and we'll get back to you soon. Or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org