You can visit donut.ai at any time to view or change the Intro settings for your team. Just sign into Donut at donut.ai. From there you’ll be able to edit a handful of settings by clicking on the gear icon on the Intro channel you wish to edit.
There are a few settings under their respective tabs that you can adjust.
Program Basic Settings:
- The channel that Donut uses to make intros
- The type of Intro you'd like to do
- Custom intro messages
- The frequency of intros
- The date of the next intro
- The intro time and time zone.
Integration & Add-ons Settings:
- Conversation Starters
- Zoom, Google Calendar, and MS Outlook integration
- Post stats in channel
- Run a selfie contest
- Welcome new joiners
- Permissions on who can edit channel settings
- Include Slack guest users in Intro rounds
Keep in mind, these settings are for your entire team, so any changes will affect everyone participating in the channel.
You can also adjust settings for your own Donut account that are found under the Personal Settings tab:
- Snooze intros
- Receiving an email report of basic stats after each round of intros
- Excluding yourself from intros *Note: Even if you exclude yourself, from intros. you'll remain in the Donut channel.
If you have Donut set up to intro from more than one channel, you’ll be able to view the settings for all of your channels on donut.ai. Just click into the configuration from there that you want to edit.
Check out our best practices page to see what has worked well for other teams!
What if I don’t see settings when I log into donut.ai?
If you’re a member of multiple Slack teams it’s possible that you signed into Donut with the wrong Slack account. See this article to help you get signed in with the right team.
If you don't see any channel settings, this means you need to set up a public Slack channel with Donut. To do this, check out our getting started guide. Once you finish the initial setup, you’ll be able to view or change any of the settings on donut.ai.
Check out our guide on Setting up Donut for more information. If you have further questions, reach out to us using the chat bubble in the lower right corner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!